> Script Details
Legend Limiter 3 for ArcGIS 9.3+
report inappropriate content
Legend Limiter 3.zip
May 22 2009
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
The Legend Limiter 3 plug-in for ArcGIS v9.3+ (also available for 8.2/8.3/9.0/9.1/9.2) is a powerful tool that automatically limits the symbols displayed in a categorised legend to just those found within the mapís visible extent.
* Very useful for producing maps with relevant legends!
* No more scrolling through pages of legend symbols in the table of contents!
The Legend Limiter only works on layers that use "unique value categories" to define symbology. This style of legend can be set up in the Symbology tab of the Layer Properties dialog. Legend Limiter will not limit the symbology of layers set up with single symbol symbology.
Enhancements for Legend Limiter 3 (free version):
1. Support for ArcMap 9.2 Ė ArcMap 9.2 crashes when using Legend Limiter 2.
2. Support for Null values in layer symbology value classes.
3. Support for ArcMap 9.3 - ArcMap 9.3 throws "Type mismatch" error.
(No support for layers with definition queries in the free version.)
To find out more about NGIS and our other ArcObjects plug-ins visit us at: