> Script Details
ArcMapbook - extending and enhancing DS Mapbook (ArcGIS 9.3)
report inappropriate content
Feb 11 2009
Status of work
ArcGIS - ArcView
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
The Arcmapbook Project, this site, is an open source and volunteer effort to enhance and extend mapbook from a mere sample to a real application, thereby ensuring, one hopes, it's longevity and utility.
As of February 2009 the main additions to the original developer sample have been more documentation and easier installation for Windows Vista and 64bit XP. A couple of people have contributed code (functionality changes) but they have yet to be integrated cleanly into the main trunk (if you are a developer, please feel free to pitch in). Highlighted differences between Arcmapbook and DS Mapbook in this release are:
* _INSTALL and _UNINSTALL updated for Vista, though it still may not work reliably for everybody. Thank you drseb...@cinci.rr.com for providing a solution.
* _UNINSTALL.bat removes mapbook registry entries
* register_component_category.reg modified to accommodate 64bit Windows XP
* More documentation and tutorials
* Organised and searchable bug list (http://code.google.com/p/arcmapbook/issues/list) Don't forget to widen search to include closed issues when looking for solutions!
Older versions of Arcmapbook, and sometimes newer ones, can be found at http://arcmapbook.googlepages.com/