> Script Details
Batch Image Toolbox v1.5
report inappropriate content
Aug 21 2008
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
USGS Batch Image Toolbox version 1.5 for ArcMap 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 toolbox
Requires: Spatial Analyst Extension for most routines, Python (for batch functions)
This image toolbox was written to help batch set NODATA values, convert unsigned 16bit to signed convert type to 8bit, set NULL to Number, and reproject rasters. Added ShadeIT, which computes a multi-directional hillshade to minimize shadows.
· Unzip the files into a single folder on disk.
· Open ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
· Open the ArcToolbox window.
· Right-Click in the background of the ArcToolbox window and choose Add Toolbox.
· Navigate to the directory where you saved the files to add the Raster Batch Loading Samples toolbox.
· You can right-click any tool and choose Help for a 'minimal' additional information on using each tool.
Included files in zip file:
· USGS_Image_Toolbox_v1_5.tbx (for ArcMap 9.2. 9.3)
· USGS_Image_Toolbox_v1_5_arcmap9_0.tbx (exported for 9.0, 9.1 support)
· batch_con_8bit.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
· batch_con_16bit.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
· batch_con_32bit.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
· batch_unsigned_to_signed16bit.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
. batch_set_null_to_number.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
. batch_project_raster.py (thanks to Matthew Stayner which this is based on)
. batch_project_raster_Directory.py (thanks to Matthew Stayner which this is based on)
. shadeIT.py (requires Spatial Analyst)
. version 1.0 Nov 2005 - 1st release
. version 1.1 Dec 2005 - Change ArcMap to Python call to better support large lists of images.
The original would fail after about 50 images because of the string length sent to python. Thanks to dgalt for suggesting the change.
. version 1.2 Jul 2006 - add null to number, to 8bit, project raster, and set projection from prj routines. Added a check for Spatial Analyst when needed.
. version 1.3 Jul 2006 - added multi-directional hillshade routine called shadeIT. Based on a paper written by Robert Mark, USGS. http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1992/of92-422/
. reuploaded Sep 12, 2006 to help with ShadeIT routine. Sometimes it is having problems running on other machines - still looking into this. To help with this add the full path to the output raster. Sorry if ShadeIT fails.
. version 1.4 Oct 2007 - Add arcgisscripting for ArcMap 9.2
. version 1.5 Nov 15, 2007 - added project raster from directory
Please report any issues.