> Script Details
G2G for ArcGIS Explorer 500
report inappropriate content
Oct 9 2008
Status of work
ESRI Attribution and Licensing Agreement
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
[SOURCE CODE INCLUDED]
G2G is a P2P (peer to peer) task for ArcGIS Explorer. The task allows two or more users to collaborate without any intermediate server. G2G (gis to gis) supports:
1) Text chatting,
2) Exchange of map content (geo-referenced screenshots),
3) Ink and graphics collaboration (shared editing),
4) Share navigation (one person can pan the map display of other peers).
G2G for ArcGIS Exlorer is represented as a new "collaborate" task in ArcGIS Explorer. To connect to the mesh (collection of peers), click the connect button on the main toolbar. This will display a dialog that includes the following options:
1) Username - The name that you will be identified on the mesh as.
2) Password - An optional password for project protection/restriction.
3) Resolver - A central server or technology that allows peers to find each
other on a network.
G2G currently supports three flavors of resolvers:
This uses a resolver on ESRI's public server. An internet connection is required.
This is Microsoft's proprietary peer resolving technology. This is only
available on computers running Microsoft XP/Vista. Please read the user
guide for information how to install PNRP on these operation systems.
The user guide is available by clicking Help > G2G Help.
Any peer can elect to be a "super peer". A super peer acts as both a regular
peer node and a peer resolver. To start the G2G peer resolver application
clicks START > All Programs > G2G for ArcGIS Desktop > G2G Peer Resolver
1) ESRI ArcGIS Explorer 500,
2) Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1) Download zip file,
2) Unzip the download,
3) Double click on msi file. Follow wizard.