> Script Details
TerraServer Download for ArcGIS 9.2
report inappropriate content
Feb 8 2010
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
This tool is updated version of the existing TerraServer Tool (version 2.0) at http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=13703 for the ArcGIS 9.2 platform.
This tool for ArcMap provides the user the ability to download imagery hosted by the TerraServer Server (http://terraserver.microsoft.com) directly into ArcMap. Once the imagery is downloaded to the local drive, it can be used for a variety of applications, industries, or simply as backdrop data in projects or presentations.
The Microsoft TerraServer was recently renamed to Microsoft Research Maps. There is no new download required.
Please open the configuration file (TerraServerArcMapUI.dll.config) in your install folder, and change line 10 to read the following:
<add key="TerraServerUtil.com.terraserver-usa.TerraService" value="http://msrmaps.com/TerraService2.asmx" / >
- code maintenance with respect to raster catalog adjustment.
- Fixed issue with authentication against proxy server
- Added support to allow for user selection of storage folder
through the user interface.
- .Net framework 2.0 (can be downloaded via the Windows Update functionality - 'Custom Install' option for XP users)
- .Net ArcObjects support (the install of this tool won't work if you don't have the .net support for ArcGIS installed. Please insert your ArcGIS install CD again and customize the current ArcGIS install. If you have successfully installed the .NET framework from the step above then you will see an option in your ArcGIS install).
- ArcGIS ArcView 9.2 or higher
After you unzip the file, rename the file 'Setup.Exe_rename' back to 'Setup.exe' (without the quotes) and double-click that setup file to start the install procedure.
Please read the documentation after the install. Look in Start > Programs > ArcMap TerraServer Download > TerraServerArcMap.
For developers: The source code is included. The TerraServer utility is subject to change but it is the very nice starting point to include the imagery in your own code project.
I hope you enjoy the tool. For enhancement requests, bug reports, or any sort of feedback please don't hesitate to drop me an email.