> Script Details
report inappropriate content
Oct 16 2008
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
Tool/Script to produce any number of equal-size tiles from an existing raster dataset (raster/grid, TIFF, GIF, etc). Tiles can be resampled during creation. Buffer/overlap of tiles can be selected. Handy if you have preprocessed raster data that you want to break down into smaller bits for processing... Comes in a toolbox with dialog help.
- ArcGIS 9.1 or older w/ Spatial Analyst needed.
- Python 2.1+ (check http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=26872 for issues installing a newer Python version with ArcGIS)
Unpack files tile.py + Tile.tbx into your favorite toolbox directory and add toolbox 'Tile' to your tools.
Double click on Script 'Tile raster' in Toolbox 'Tile' and read documentation.
v0.32 some editing of documentation
v0.31 workaround for decimal bug
v0.3 use 'clip' function, correct extent to multiple of cellsize.
v0.2 support tool dialog
- Needs to be adapted to the new handling of Python in ArcGIS 9.2+
- Tiles don't align correctly at cell borders when cellsize precision needs more than 6 decimals. Use "Support small cellsize" option in this case
- Extent and cellsize has to be set, 'Default' will not work.
- Resampling doesn't always work
- Script to tile other input data...
Bug reports greatly appreciated ;-)