> Script Details
Shapefile Repair Tool
report inappropriate content
Jan 4 2006
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
Shapefile Repair Tool Beta4, 04 Jan 2006
Shapefile Repair Tool is a .NET Windows application that fixes damaged shape files (SHP and DBF).
- SHP and DBF files are read and validated, (indexes are ignored).
- Null Shapes are retained (usually valid deleted records)
- Misnumbered and out of sequence SHP records are fixed.
- Invalid shape types are corrected (e.g. point type in a polygon SHP file).
- DBF record count mismatch is corrected by either padding the DBF file or truncating extrainious records.
- A new shape file is written. Geometry is NOT altered.
- Database contents are not altered other than checking for valid data.
- A log file is written to document the changes
Shapefile Repair Tool is a standalone Windows application now in beta testing. Please send us your broken shape files so that I can improve this application (and perhaps repair your data files).
The zip file contains the application in a windows installer (MSI). To install download and unzip the files from the zip archive and run setup.exe. Note: Microsoft DotNet 1.1 is required.
Questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org