> Script Details
ArcMap to DXF Export utility
report inappropriate content
Nov 3 2006
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
This ArcMap ICommand (with source code) will take a set of selected features and export them to a DXF file.
Add the command to your ArcMap interface by following these steps:
1) Download the .ZIP file, and extract all files.
2) Start ArcMap
3) In ArcMap, go to Tools->Customize
4) Go to the Commands tab, and hit the button for "Add from file..."
5) Browse to the DLL extracted in step 1, above.
6) Back in the Commands tab, you will have a new Category labeled DXF.
7) Drag the ExportDXF command to your Toolbar. Place it anywhere you want.
8) Select any feature(s) on your map that you want to export to a DXF file.
The button labeled ExportDXF should become enabled. Click the button.
9) Enter a DXF file, and click OK. The DXF file will be exported.
Has been tested using points, lines, polys, annotation and circular curves.
The "OnEnable" bug has been fixed in this version.
NEW -- You can download a version that is recompiled for ArcGIS 9.0 here: http://www.geodatabase.net/arcmap_dxf.zip