> Script Details
Uncle Dom's BetterSelect - v 1.3
report inappropriate content
Dec 15 2003
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
BetterSelect is an enhancement to the standard feature selection functionality in ArcMap. BetterSelect offers a more elegant way to quickly jump between selection modes (Add to, Remove from) and selection constraints (Select within, select passthru)
- Much like AutoCAD, if you drag a selection rectangle to the right, all features WITHIN the rectangle are selected. If you drag to the left, everything INTERSECTING the selection rectangle is selected. The symbology of the selection rectangle updates on the fly to provide visual feedback of the selection type being performed.
- Pressing or dragging with the first mouse button results in a new selection set.
- Pressing or dragging with the shift key pressed adds features to the selected set
- Pressing or dragging with the middle mouse button will remove features from the selected set.
- A built in context menu also contains some often used commands.
No more slogging through drop-down menus to change selection preferences repeatedly.
Any comments on or suggestions for this ArcScript are welcome at:
Version 1.2 adds the following:
- Moved out of VBA and into a compiled DLL... finally
- Few minor bug fixes
- Added code to restore the Map's selection environment upon exiting the BetterSelect tool.
- Added Context Menu to closely mirror edit tool functionality... can now view & edit feature attributes from the context menu
- Improved tool documentation
1.3 (Dec 15, 2003)
- Bug fix to squash nasty bug where if user had IMS layer loaded tool would enter error loop