> Script Details
Three Tab Metadata Editor
report inappropriate content
Dec 7 2009
Status of work
ArcScripts is intended for the free exchange of scripts and tools related to ESRI software products. Please alert the moderator if this script is a demo, trial-version, or an advertisement for a retail product.
The Three Tab Editor Version 1.9 is a user interface for entering Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) and ISO Metadata for ArcCatalog.
How is this editor different from other Metadata editors?
* It is composed of only four simple data entry pages, so there is less hunting and pecking for the required metadata fields.
* It writes the metadata to the ESRI metadata file found in any data set supported by ArcInfo 9.x (e.g. Coverages, Shape Files, Geo Databases, SDE Databases...)
* It allows the user to input the contact information once, and then it populates all three contact information sections with this contact data (e.g.. metadata creator, data creator, and data request contact).
* Pick lists are provided for most of the data entry fields. These pick list provide either a sample of the potential value, or a list of the potential domains that can be used in that field.
* The theme keyword pick list used by this editor is compatible with those required by the ArcIMS Metadata Server.
* The editor is designed to allow users who complete all fields to pass through the metadata parser (mp) with minimal errors.
* On-line linkage exists to the Image Map of the Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata from the tools interface. This provides user with a quick reference of how to complete the fields.
* Completion of the fields found in this editor will allow the user to meet the minimal ISO metadata standard.
* The editor is linked to a Microsoft Access database that can be used to store your contact information. This database can be found in the tools installation directory (e.g. c:\Program Files\ThreeTabEditor).
What this tool does not do:
* Repetitive metadata items such as found in the lineage section of the FGDC metadata record are not handled by this tool.
More details and installation instructions can be found at:
PS. Thanks for voting this application 1st Place at the 2006 International Users Conference